If the relative has died at home

If the relative has died by natural death

If a relative died a natural death at home, was already ill or complained of discomfort, you should contact the family doctor or attending physician who will come to the deceased to establish the fact of death and issue a death certificate. Perhaps the family doctor will issue a death certificate without examining the deceased if he knew about the state of health of the deceased

If the relative has died late in the evening, at weekend or public holiday

Ja tuvinieks nomiris vēlu vakarā, brīvdienā vai svētku dienā un ģimenes ārsts nav pieejams, jāsazinās ar poliklīnikas dežurējošo ārstu un tuvākās darba dienas rītā jāsazinās ar ģimenes ārstu.

 If a relative has died late in the evening, on a weekend or a public holiday and the family doctor is not available, you should contact the outpatient doctor of the closest medical center or hospital and contact the family doctor in the morning of the next working day.

The family doctor of the deceased has the right not to issue a death certificate if the deceased has not recently visited a doctor and his state of health is unknown to the doctor and, therefore, the cause of death is not clear. If the cause of death is unknown, the family doctor will order an autopsy to find out the cause of death.
If the family doctor of the deceased is not known
If the family doctor of the deceased is unknown or he / she was not registered with any family doctor, the relatives can contact any other family doctor who will then decide what to do next.
If a relative died in the presence of emergency doctors

If a relative died at the time of the arrival of the ambulance service (ambulance), the ambulance officer issues a temporary document on the occurrence of death. On this basis, the family doctor later issues a death certificate.

If a person died a violent death

If a person died a violent death (there was a conflict situation, an accident or suicide), it is necessary to call the State Police, whose employees will then decide on further actions and, if necessary, send the deceased to a forensic medical examination.The transfer of the deceased to the morgue after receiving the death certificate can be carried out by the relatives of the deceased themselves or, as is usually the case, entrusted to a person providing funeral services. Only if there is a certificate of the emergency medical service or a certificate of a family doctor, the deceased can be delivered to the morgue or transferred to the funeral services for further work.

Mirušā nogādāšanu morgā, pēc tam kad ir nokārtota miršanas izziņa, var veikt paši mirušā tuvinieki vai, kā to pārsvarā dara, uzticēt šo darbu kādam apbedīšanas pakalpojumu sniedzējam. Tikai ar NMP izziņu vai ģimenes ārsta izrakstītas izziņu mirušo var nogādāt morgā vai nodot apbedīšanas pakalpojumu sniedzējiem tālākai darbībai.